Sunday, February 12, 2006

Robots in Disguise

You know you want one of these.

See the real-life transformer in action on YouTube. Go "Coo!" (and wonder at what the Japanese dialogue is saying). Then imagine the next bit they failed to capture on the video where it falls off the table and smashes into a hundred bits and you hear the sound of a loud scream of 私は高いテーブルにそれを置かないように言った! followed by the guy who built it running on brandishing a large sword...

And whilst on the subject of Robot Madness you can see America's latest robotic innovation here...I really need to know how he got on.



*Hello Steve Akers. (apologies if you have been dragged back by Technorati - I will try and refrain from using any reference to robots for a while so you can read something more inspiring.)

2 comments:

Glencross said...

Wow, it's things like this that give me hope. I don't care how small he is or whether he can beat a 4 year old at chess - any robot that can move like that has my instant respect.

When I was a kid (well still officially recognised as one anyway) I was gripped by the firm belief that if I collected enough things with electronics in them I could build a robot. To the bemusement of my parents all I ended up with was a cherished hoard of defunct electrical appliances under my bed - but I had a dream god damn it!

Seeing that video reminded me that deep down I haven't fully given up on that idea.

Unknown said...

..and has nobody bought you any Lego Mindstorm yet then?

A little late for Santa I know but if you're good you never know.